- Annuities are not for everyone
- Clients want growth and protection of their assets
- Annuities are neither good nor bad
- Your situation is unique
- You can’t afford big losses early in retirement
- You must understand the specifics before you choose
Sometimes people have preconceived notions about annuities. Some think they are bad and some think they are great. The answer is that they are neither good nor bad but are merely a financial instrument with specific rules. If the rules make sense for a specific client, it does not mean they make sense for another client. Some offer no risk of loss while providing upside potential when the market indexes move up while some can be exposed to market risk.
There are many different types of annuities:
- Fixed Indexed Annuities (FIA)
- Single Premium Immediate Annuities (SPIA)
- Fixed annuity
- Variable deferred annuity
- Multi-year guaranteed annuity
- And others …
Annuities are complex, some contain fees, and the surrender period must fit into your overall plans. If you have questions about annuities, please contact us.